Awards: four-year $40,000 scholarships ($10,000 each year).
Deadline: January 9, 2017
RON BROWN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY:
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for the Ron Brown Scholar Program provided you meet the following requirements:
- Must be Black/African American.
- Must excel academically.
- Must exhibit exceptional leadership potential.
- Must participate in community service activities.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be a US citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card.
- Be a current high school senior at the time of your application. NOTE: Current college students are not eligible to apply.
For more info and to apply: https://www.ronbrown.org/section/apply/program-description
Deadline: February 10
- US Citizen
- Must attend OR plan to attend an accredited college or university in US
Deadline: January 18, 2017
The scholarship will award $10,000, payable to the college or university the winner will attend.
- Four-year college bound California high school seniors with excellent academic credentials who have demonstrated a breadth of interests, a driving desire to succeed in their chosen endeavors, outstanding community citizenship and the ability to share their experiences through the written word.
- Applicants should have a cumulative grade point average in grades 9-12 of at least 3.0.
- And complete the application and essay. Don’t write what you think we want to hear.. We’ll know. Be honest and forthcoming.
Deadline: January 4, 2017.
20-$2,500 scholarships for high school seniors and 1st year college students planning to attend a University/College in the US in the Fall 2017
Deadline: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 @11:59pm
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. permanent resident (holders of a Permanent Resident Card) AND a direct blood descendant of a Taiwanese citizen
- High school senior or 1st year college student residing in the United States
- Plan to attend a University or College as a full-time 1st or 2nd year student in the Fall of 2017 in the United States (If selected, high school seniors must submit college acceptance letter for verification.)
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school/college GPA of 3.0
- Have a household income at or below the Federal/State/County Low Income Level (Must be able to show 2015 or 2016 tax return should applicant be selected for award.)
- The scholarship is open to ALL MAJORS