What are the difference between FAFSA & CA DREAM Application
- You submit a FAFSA if you are a U.S. Citizen, National or Permanent Resident.
CA DREAM Act
- Are for students who are not U.S. Citizens, National or Permanent residents or do not fulfill ALL of the FAFSA requirements. The DREAM application is unique to California promoting access to all students regardless of immigration statues and/or documentation.
WHAT FINANCIAL AID CAN A DREAMER APPLY FOR?
- Cal Grant
- Chafee Grant
- Middle Class Scholarship
- UC Grants
- State University Grants
- California Community College (CCC) BOG Fee Waiver
- Some University scholarships
- Some private scholarships administered by campuses
Dreamer Cal Grants include:
- High School Entitlement Cal Grant A & B
- CCC Transfer Entitlement Cal Grant A & B
- Cal Grant C
(Dreamers are not eligible to receive Competitive Cal Grants.)
You only need to complete ONE Application. Both applications are completely FREE!!