Category Archives: Scholarship Opportunities
Opens: January 15, 2017
Deadline: May 15, 2017
They have 3 categories, you do not need to apply for each individually.
Career & Technical Scholarship (CTS)
In support of the manufacturing industry, the Career & Technical Scholarship (CTS) recognizes individuals pursuing credit-based certificate or associate degrees at an accredited community college or technical school. Preferred programs of study include Engineering, including Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Software, Engineering Technology, Information Technology, Machining, and Manufacturing Operations. Applicants must be a high-school senior or current college student with a minimum 2.7 g.p.a.
University Scholars Scholarship (USS)
In support of character, leadership, academic goals, and the need to prepare an educated citizenry, the University Scholars Scholarship (USS) will be awarded to individuals who are pursuing majors in manufacturing, engineering-related STEM majors, and business leading to a career in manufacturing and corporate America. Preferred programs of study include Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Industrial Management, Information Technology, and engineering-related STEM majors leading to a career in industry. Applicants must be a high-school senior or current college student with a minimum 3.0 g.p.a.
Creating Equity in Industry Scholarship (CEIS)
In response to a strategic imperative to promote racial and gender equity and support a diverse, well-represented workforce in manufacturing and corporate America, scholarships will be awarded to talented Black/African-American, Hispanic, American Indian, Pacific Islander, and female students. Preferred programs of study include Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Industrial Management, Information Technology, and engineering-related STEM majors leading to a career in industry. Applicants must be a high-school senior or college student from one of the underrepresented groups mentioned, and have a minimum 3.0 g.p.a.
Deadline: Friday, March 31, 2017 at 11:59pm EST
The Spangenberg Law Firm Video Scholarship Contest challenges entrants to create an original, compelling, and impactful video PSA that addresses the selected topic, engages its viewers and inspires them to become part of the solution. The video must be between 30 and 60 seconds.
- Must be currently attending or planning to attend a college or university during the 2017-2018 academic year;
- Must be in good academic standing at your current educational institution;
- Must submit all required entry materials and supply all required information by the deadline;
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent U.S. resident;
- Must have read and agree to the General Rules & Disclaimers;
For More Information and to apply: http://www.spanglaw.com/scholarship-program/
Awards: four-year $40,000 scholarships ($10,000 each year).
Deadline: January 9, 2017
RON BROWN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY:
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for the Ron Brown Scholar Program provided you meet the following requirements:
- Must be Black/African American.
- Must excel academically.
- Must exhibit exceptional leadership potential.
- Must participate in community service activities.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be a US citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card.
- Be a current high school senior at the time of your application. NOTE: Current college students are not eligible to apply.
For more info and to apply: https://www.ronbrown.org/section/apply/program-description