Monthly Archives: March 2016
Are you looking for a job??
Come and check out this FREE Job Fair just for Youth (ages 15-25)
Check out this great opportunity for high school seniors planning to attend a California Community College for Fall 2016 or continuing California community college student.
UCLA’s Center for Community College Partnerships (CCCP) presents the CCCP Scholars Program. The goal of the program is to motivate, inform and prepare students to transfer from a California community college to selective Top Tier Research institutions such as UCLA. Students in the program have access to our summer and year-long academic preparatory transfer programs which guide students through the community college experience, the application and admissions process, research and pre-graduate opportunities and career exploration. CCCP Scholars have a higher rate of admissions to selective institutions and are eligible for special scholarships. The program is grounded on academic excellence, social justice and educational equity.
- Review requirements and select a summer program at www.cccp.ucla.edu
- Complete Transfer Admission Planner at www.uctap.universityofcalifornia.edu; CCCP will verify completion before continuing to review your application.
- Complete online application, including appropriate short answer essays at http://www.aap.ucla.edu/c-c-c-p/cccp-scholars-application/
- Submit electronic recommendation form, if required.
- First deadline is April 1, 2016.
For more information, see attached handout or visit our website at www.cccp.ucla.edu
“There’s an ‘I’ in Win” #FEELINGMYSELF
On Friday, March 5th, our SHS Senior FAME advisors had a leadership development training where they learned about their own strengths and how their personality types helped them be successful. Students had the opportunity to reflect on a past problem and come up with new solutions based on their strengths. They also created posters for Jr. FAME Advisors.