Monthly Archives: November 2015
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR A POINT SCHOLARSHIP?
- A proven track record of leadership and community involvement
- Strong academic achievement
- Working for the betterment of the LGBTQ community
- Financial need
- Must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, in the fall of 2016. Students enrolled or intending to enroll in a college or university in a United States territory are NOT eligible
- Must be enrolled full-time for the full academic year
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate/ doctoral program
- Community college students must be transferring to a four-year college or university. Students continuing their studies at community colleges, online programs, trade schools, as well as postdoctoral research students are NOT eligible
- Must be at least a senior in high school
- Must be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community
Deadline: Part I- January 19th at 11:59pm PST
Part II- February 1 at 11:59pm PST
In order to be eligible for the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program, the applicant must:
- Be a current high school senior entering a four-year, accredited US college or university in the Fall of 2016
- Be currently a member (in good standing) of a high school sports team or be involved in after-school sports (e.g. intramurals, martial arts, etc.)
- have maintained an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher from ninth grade to first semester of 12th grade
- Be a U.S. citizen or US Permanent Legal Resident
- Foot Locker employees and their immediate family members are ineligible
Twenty Foot Locker Scholar Athletes will each receive $20,000 in college scholarship money for their excellence in school, on their sports teams, and in their communities.
The scholarship will be awarded in four equal annual payments of $5,000 throughout the winner’s four-year college career.
This year, as a new addition to the program, one of our 20 winners will be selected for the Ken C. Hicks scholarship for demonstrating superior educational achievement, outstanding leadership, and a true love of the game. This winner will receive an additional $5000 award (for a total of $25,000). This student will receive their scholarship in four yearly installments, each of $6,250.
Nomination Period Closes: December 11th
Application Closes: December 17th at 5pm EST
The 2015-2016 LEDA application is now open! Start or continue your application by visiting leda.fluidreview.com.
First, make sure you’re eligible:
- A junior (11th grader) in a public or a charter high school during the 2015-2016 academic year
- A United States citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card)
Follow us on social media to keep up with what’s going on at LEDA:
If you have any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is December 11, 2015. We look forward to reviewing your submissions!