Monthly Archives: May 2015
The California Latino Legislative Caucus Foundation (CLLCF) is pleased to invite all qualified California residents to apply for a scholarship. This scholarship program was established to assist deserving students by offering financial assistance to help meet educational expenses. Twenty Five $1,000 scholarships will be awarded this year.
In order to be eligible for scholarship consideration students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full time student in good academic standing at an accredited college or university, OR
- Be a graduating high school senior with written proof of acceptance at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5
- Submit a completed application and provide all required supplementary documents by the application deadline.
The following information must be submitted for proper consideration:
- Completed Application
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Certified Copy of your School Transcript
- College Acceptance Letter (if a High School Senior)
Awards are highly competitive. Selection is based on:
- Academic Performance
- Personal Statements
- Participation in Extracurricular Activities
- Leadership Positions held
- Special Awards and Honors received
- Work History
April 1, 2015 Application Process Begins
June 1, 2015 Deadline for Submission of Applications
- All applications must be received by the CLLCF by the deadline.
- Late applications will not be accepted
- Postmarks will not be accepted
- Incomplete and illegible applications will NOT be considered.
June 19, 2015 Announcement of Scholarship Winners
Click and print out a copy of the scholarship application:
Please complete the application and submit it along with all required paperwork by June 1, 2015 to:
CLLCF Scholarship Program
1127 11th St, Suite 606
Sacramento, CA 95814
Questions and comments concerning the scholarship program can be sent to email@example.com.
Beginning May 10th, the FAFSA PIN has been replaced by the Federal Student Aid ID or FSA ID. All students and parents need to create a FSA ID in order to:
1. Log in to FAFSA, Studentaid.gov, studentloans.gov, and other Department of Education websites
2. The FSA ID takes the place of your PIN when electronically signing the FAFSA
The new FSA ID will consist of a username and password. You can expedite the process of obtaining a FSA Id by linking it with your PIN number. Below are links for more information as well as step-by-step instructions on how to create a FSA ID.
For more information please visit:
FSA Instructional Document: http://ifap.ed.gov/eannouncements/attachments/050415FSAIDReplaceHowToCreateFSAIDGuideATTACH.pdf
Federal Electronic Announcement: http://ifap.ed.gov/eannouncements/050415FSAIDReplaceHowToCreateFSAIDGuide.html