Monthly Archives: January 2015
The FAPAC Distinguished Public Service Scholarship Endowment Fund, Inc. is a non-profit organization that promotes the recognition of Asian Pacific American students who is interested in public service and has made contributions to foster diversity and inclusion in the Asian and Pacific American community.
Interested students can visit the FAPAC website at www.fapac.org to learn more about FAPAC and its activities.
- Open to all college students of Asian Pacific American heritage, who are U. S. citizens.
- Enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree seeking student with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Not open to previous scholarship winners and children of FAPAC Officers
The selection criteria will include the following:
- Demonstrated commitment to public service, including service to the AAPI community;
- Demonstrated leadership and potential for continued growth in leadership skills; and
- Academic achievement
- A letter of recommendation with detailed description of your service to foster diversity and inclusion in the Asian and Pacific American community
- A copy of transcript from a U.S. accredited college(s)
- Maximum two page essay on a specific theme chosen each year
Submit applications by February 28, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org
$40,000 in Scholarship Awards Available
10 – $2,000 Renewable Scholarships for High School Seniors
Planning to Attend a California State University or a California Community College
The Chen Foundation is focused on helping economically-challenged youth fulfill their dreams of obtaining higher education. The scholarship is renewable, allowing scholarship recipients to receive an additional $2,000 award for the Fall quarter/semester of their 2nd year of college if they maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA and active service in the community.
Deadline: Midnight – March 31, 2015
- High school seniors who reside in California
- Plan to attend a California State Plan to attend a California State University or California Community College as a 1st year student in the Fall of 2015 (if selected, must submit college acceptance letter for verification)
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 3.0
- Have a household income at or below California State Low Income Level (must be able to show 2013 or 2014 tax return should applicant be selected for award)
- The scholarship is open to ALL MAJORS and there is NO ETHNICITY REQUIREMENT